REPLY NEW TOPIC START POLL

 Choose Your Own Adventure #11, Alec & Tasnim
Rory
 Posted: Apr 12 2018, 02:13 PM
QUOTE
Rory
Admin
237 posts
26 years old
Weapon:
MY wits
© Rory
Offline
i got bitches


Choose your story
Alec Burke & Tasnim Laurent find themselves in a clearing together. There are three pathways ahead of them: The first is a very narrow path down a cliff side that leads to a quiet beach. The second is a wide, clear path that appears to lead to some kind of bright meadow, although there is a horrid stench coming from that direction. The third and final path winds through a dark forest, but it seems that there may be a castle at the end of it.

Together, Jerry and Lilly must decide which path to go down. You may only choose one. Please tag an admin in your posts when your characters have come to a decision. But remember, all of your actions will come with their own consequences so choose wisely.

PM EMAIL
^
Alec Burke
 Posted: Apr 12 2018, 03:39 PM
QUOTE
Alec Burke
0 posts
years old
Weapon:

©


.blck { height: 400px; width: 400px; background-color: #000; padding: 20px; overflow: hidden; }.blck .img { width: 400px; height: 400px; background-image: url(http://i65.tinypic.com/2duggad.jpg); overflow: hidden; position: relative; }.prpl { background-color: rgba(0,0,0,0.7); width: 380px; height: 380px; padding: 10px; position: relative; left: 400px; top: 0px; transition: 0.8s all ease-in-out; -moz-transition: 0.8s all ease-in-out; -o-transition: 0.8s all ease-in-out; -webkit-transition: 0.8s all ease-in-out; z-index: 1; }.blck:hover .prpl { top: 0px; left: 0px; transition-delay: 0s; -moz-transition-delay: 0s; -webkit-transition-delay: 0s; }.wrds { font-family: Comfortaa; font-size: 30px; text-align: center; color: #fff; text-shadow: #be68be 2px 2px; transition: 0.8s all ease-in-out; -moz-transition: 0.8s all ease-in-out; -o-transition: 0.8s all ease-in-out; -webkit-transition: 0.8s all ease-in-out; position: relative; top: 400px; left: 15px; letter-spacing:29px; }.blck:hover .wrds { top: 10px; transition-delay: 0.8s; -webkit-transition-delay: 0.8s; -o-transition-delay: 0.8s; -moz-transition-delay: 0.8s;} #cntnr { width: 380px; height: 340px; position: relative; top: 10px; }#cntnr .gif { clip-path: polygon(50% 0%, 100% 50%, 50% 100%, 0% 50%);background-image: url(http://i63.tinypic.com/29wmtjt.jpg); height: 100px; width: 100px; position: relative; top: 5px; }#cntnr .gifbg { clip-path: polygon(50% 0%, 100% 50%, 50% 100%, 0% 50%);background-color: #be68be; height: 110px; width: 110px; position: relative; top: 400px; transition: 0.8s all ease-in-out; -moz-transition: 0.8s all ease-in-out; -o-transition: 0.8s all ease-in-out; -webkit-transition: 0.8s all ease-in-out; }.blck:hover #cntnr .gifbg { top: 10px; transition-delay: 0.8s; -webkit-transition-delay: 0.8s; -o-transition-delay: 0.8s; -moz-transition-delay: 0.8s; }.txxtbx { width: 310px; height: 180px; background-color: #fff; top: 400px; padding: 20px; position: relative; left: 0px; transition: 0.8s all ease-in-out; -moz-transition: 0.8s all ease-in-out; -o-transition: 0.8s all ease-in-out; -webkit-transition: 0.8s all ease-in-out } .blck:hover .txxtbx { top: 20px; transition-delay: 0.8s; -webkit-transition-delay: 0.8s; -o-transition-delay: 0.8s; -moz-transition-delay: 0.8s; }#scrolly { padding-bottom: 20px; height: 160px; overflow: auto; padding-right: 10px; width: 300px;}#scrolly::-webkit-scrollbar { width: 1px; }#scrolly::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb { background-color: #fff; }#scrolly::-webkit-scrollbar-track { width: 1px; background-color: #be68be; }#scrolly .txt {font-family: cousine; font-size: 13px; color: #000; text-align: justify; }#scrolly .txt b {color: #be68be; font-weight: 700; text-transform: none; font-family: cousine;}#scrolly .txt i {color: #be68be; font-family: uppercase; font-family: Cousine;}.val { text-align: center; font-family: Quicksand; text-transform: none; font-size: 8px; margin-top: 5px; color: #bfbfbf;}.val a { color: #bfbfbf; } sober up This was a new one for Alec. He never went anywhere without his rifle, which he had brought along, but little good that would do him. He also had a pistol, but there seemed to be no immediate threat. It was custom for him to look for one at the outset. That’s how he had been trained, always keep a sharp eye. Alec eyed the three paths in front of him, shaking his head at the ghastly odor coming from the meadow. That was the path to avoid. Hell, if he could, he’d avoid them all, but he would have to chose one, but not alone it seemed. A woman stood nearby, although he had never seen her before. He supposed he might as well give her time to consider their options as well, but Alec had already decided that it didn’t matter which path they chose. He was a soldier, always would be, so he would face whatever he had to head on just like he did while he was in the Marines.He could remember being on many beaches in the past, usually in enemy territory. Because of his training, Alec was adept at many things, including shooting, hunting, and survivng, which he planned to do through this little ordeal, whatever it was. He was a strong guy, brave, amd prepared for most situations, no matter how dangerous or unusual they might be. He walked head first into danger most often, which is why he found the forest appealing, however, the woman might disagree and want to try their luck with the beach. He would go along with that, but there was no way in hell he was getting amy closer to that awful stench. The meadow was out. Alec turned in the direction of the woman. Hey you, any ideas about which path we should take? I say the forest, but we could go to the beach. Forget the meadow. I can’t stand that odor, whatever the hell it is, I’m Alec by the way. He greeted her with a smile of sorts and looked back towards the paths waiting for her input regarding the matter. thank you val!


Tasnim Laurent
^
Tasnim Laurent
 Posted: Apr 12 2018, 05:12 PM
QUOTE
Tasnim Laurent
The Saviors
14 posts
32 years old
Weapon:
Knives
© Wyle
Offline
I ride the lightning --- roll with the thunder


"I like it louder than the boom of a big bass drum"

TAG: Alec Burke
WORDS: ###
NOTES: notes
Taz opened her eyes with a quiet gasp, adjusting them to the intense sunlight as she took in her surroundings, instinctively checking for danger. The woman started a little upon noticing the stranger nearby, one hand swiftly clasping around the hilt of her knife, sheathed by her waist. Since he didn't seem to pose an immediate threat, she fought off the impulse of defending herself through preventive offence. For the life of her, Tasnim couldn't remember how she got there and it wouldn't be practical to assault the only person around who could hold some answers.

Taking a measured step away from the man, she continued to scan the area, noting the three paths ahead. The whole experience felt almost dream-like and something urged her to start down one of those paths. The first one led down a thrilling-looking cliff side, which her inner adrenaline junkie craved to explore, but the beach underneath didn't seem all that interesting. Her nose wrinkled in repulsion as she turned towards the middle path. Even without the horrid stench, she would find the lack of challenge tedious, therefore shifted her gaze to the final path without a second thought.

Leading through a dark forest, it did pique her interest. However, she could just about spot a castle in the distance, which instantly won her over. Not having visited such a historic site since leaving Europe, Taz felt drawn by its mysteries and, again, it seemed like the best out of the three to offer some explanation. That train of thought was then rudely interrupted as the stranger spoke up, nearly making her jump again as she cursed under her breath for all but forgetting about him. Facing him with a prominent scowl, Taz was more than a little bewildered over how casual he sounded about the whole situation. "The hell..." she inadvertently muttered aloud. For whatever reason, it annoyed her a little that he was making sense while she still tried to get into grasp with their circumstances. Well, at least she could establish some ground rules. Clearing her throat, Tasnim lifted her chin. "Firstly, whoever you are, I will gut you if you try to touch me." Since her accented voice alone wasn't threatening enough, she tapped the hunting knife for emphasis. The woman would not reveal her concealed set of throwing blades, deciding to keep them as an element of surprise in case he did turn against her. "Secondly, I don't care where you go but I'm heading through that forest. Just try not to get in my way."

With that, she started off towards the third path. Marching past Alec, she uttered over her shoulder, "It's Taz if you must know. Now keep up Beef-man." As far as introductions, that one went pretty well for her antisocial and hostile standards. Although she'd never admit it, Tasnim was glad he chose the same path. She normally did just fine on her own, but if this really was a dream, she'd rather have an unknown distraction around than find herself alone in that dark cell again. Or worse, with one of the haunting faces of her captors for company.


Rory
PM
^
Rory
 Posted: Apr 12 2018, 05:22 PM
QUOTE
Rory
Admin
237 posts
26 years old
Weapon:
MY wits
© Rory
Offline
i got bitches


Choose your story
Alec Burke & Tasnim Laurent chose the dark and daunting task of winding their way through the trees in the hopes of coming to a castle at the end. But this is a long road, and they have miles and miles to go before they reach any kind of castle. The duo start to tire on their long walk, and just about anything would be better than the monotony of walking through the trees in the hope of finding something interesting. Fortunately, an old woman is just up the road. She claims she is a witch and has a magical shortcut to the castle. You have no reason not to trust her, and yet no reason to believe that she is telling the truth either. Do you take the chance and take her short cut? You clearly were ballsy enough to take this pathway in the first place so maybe that will pay off again. Or, do you continue on and hope that the castle is only a short walk away from this point? It's a tough call, but someone's gotta do it. And that someone is you. Tag an admin when you and your partner have come to a decision but be mindful of what consequences that decision might bring you!
PM EMAIL
^
Alec Burke
 Posted: Apr 12 2018, 06:22 PM
QUOTE
Alec Burke
0 posts
years old
Weapon:

©


.blck { height: 400px; width: 400px; background-color: #000; padding: 20px; overflow: hidden; }.blck .img { width: 400px; height: 400px; background-image: url(http://i65.tinypic.com/2duggad.jpg); overflow: hidden; position: relative; }.prpl { background-color: rgba(0,0,0,0.7); width: 380px; height: 380px; padding: 10px; position: relative; left: 400px; top: 0px; transition: 0.8s all ease-in-out; -moz-transition: 0.8s all ease-in-out; -o-transition: 0.8s all ease-in-out; -webkit-transition: 0.8s all ease-in-out; z-index: 1; }.blck:hover .prpl { top: 0px; left: 0px; transition-delay: 0s; -moz-transition-delay: 0s; -webkit-transition-delay: 0s; }.wrds { font-family: Comfortaa; font-size: 30px; text-align: center; color: #fff; text-shadow: #be68be 2px 2px; transition: 0.8s all ease-in-out; -moz-transition: 0.8s all ease-in-out; -o-transition: 0.8s all ease-in-out; -webkit-transition: 0.8s all ease-in-out; position: relative; top: 400px; left: 15px; letter-spacing:29px; }.blck:hover .wrds { top: 10px; transition-delay: 0.8s; -webkit-transition-delay: 0.8s; -o-transition-delay: 0.8s; -moz-transition-delay: 0.8s;} #cntnr { width: 380px; height: 340px; position: relative; top: 10px; }#cntnr .gif { clip-path: polygon(50% 0%, 100% 50%, 50% 100%, 0% 50%);background-image: url(http://i63.tinypic.com/29wmtjt.jpg); height: 100px; width: 100px; position: relative; top: 5px; }#cntnr .gifbg { clip-path: polygon(50% 0%, 100% 50%, 50% 100%, 0% 50%);background-color: #be68be; height: 110px; width: 110px; position: relative; top: 400px; transition: 0.8s all ease-in-out; -moz-transition: 0.8s all ease-in-out; -o-transition: 0.8s all ease-in-out; -webkit-transition: 0.8s all ease-in-out; }.blck:hover #cntnr .gifbg { top: 10px; transition-delay: 0.8s; -webkit-transition-delay: 0.8s; -o-transition-delay: 0.8s; -moz-transition-delay: 0.8s; }.txxtbx { width: 310px; height: 180px; background-color: #fff; top: 400px; padding: 20px; position: relative; left: 0px; transition: 0.8s all ease-in-out; -moz-transition: 0.8s all ease-in-out; -o-transition: 0.8s all ease-in-out; -webkit-transition: 0.8s all ease-in-out } .blck:hover .txxtbx { top: 20px; transition-delay: 0.8s; -webkit-transition-delay: 0.8s; -o-transition-delay: 0.8s; -moz-transition-delay: 0.8s; }#scrolly { padding-bottom: 20px; height: 160px; overflow: auto; padding-right: 10px; width: 300px;}#scrolly::-webkit-scrollbar { width: 1px; }#scrolly::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb { background-color: #fff; }#scrolly::-webkit-scrollbar-track { width: 1px; background-color: #be68be; }#scrolly .txt {font-family: cousine; font-size: 13px; color: #000; text-align: justify; }#scrolly .txt b {color: #be68be; font-weight: 700; text-transform: none; font-family: cousine;}#scrolly .txt i {color: #be68be; font-family: uppercase; font-family: Cousine;}.val { text-align: center; font-family: Quicksand; text-transform: none; font-size: 8px; margin-top: 5px; color: #bfbfbf;}.val a { color: #bfbfbf; } sober up Her attitude towards him was undesirable, but she was pretty, so he’d let that slide. Besides, he wasn’t a violent man most of the time. That wasn’t in his nature. Of course, this didn’t meanthat Alec was above violence, because he would damn well get violent if he needed to. He chuckled at her response to him. What she said amused him because she had absolutely nothing to worry about there. He wasn’t the sort to force himself on anyone. Hell, he was still a virgin. Alec would never openly admit this to anyome though, because it was embarassing. He hadn't intended to be one for this long. Life had gotten in the way of him having any personal pleasure, so he had no plans to hit on this woman. For him, it was all business.When she chose the forest, Alec was relieved. He did not want to go to the meadow and he had spent way too much time on beaches while he was on active duty in the Marines. Nefore he could even reply to the things she said, she was off towards the forest. Alec walked behind her as she gave him her name. Nice to meet you, Taz. He said, walking behind her a short distance. if you want my help, you should try to be a little nicer to me. He smiled a genuine warm smile, trying to lighten her mood. He didn’t feel like trapsing through a forest with her if she was just gonna be bitchy the whole way through.In the forest, Alec was met with silence, a silence so quiet that he could hear her breathing ahead of him. The screaming thoughts in his head were a big distraction. His mind was telling him this was not the path they should have taken, but he ignored it in favor of checking Taz out from behind her. She might have a shitty attitude, but she was pretty, so that was something. Beefman? What the hell was that? Was she trying to be cute or funny? Or was she just being a typical female bitch? Either way, he decided, he would make an effort to ger along with her. thank you val!


Tasnim Laurent
^
Tasnim Laurent
 Posted: Apr 13 2018, 02:24 PM
QUOTE
Tasnim Laurent
The Saviors
14 posts
32 years old
Weapon:
Knives
© Wyle
Offline
I ride the lightning --- roll with the thunder


"I like it louder than the boom of a big bass drum"

TAG: Alec Burke
WORDS: ###
NOTES: notes
Moving on with her life seemed hell of a lot easier without caring what others thought of her, as long as they didn't see how fragile she sometimes felt. Focusing on dealing with the threats to her community and occasionally bickering with the few people she did respect was all Taz needed in her life. Ultimately, she just never actively tried to be nice, to anyone. Which was why Alec's suggestion to do that for him, for his help of all things, made her scoff in response. One of the strengths the woman valued about herself was her self-sufficiency, even though teamwork was unfortunately required on some missions. "We'll see who's gonna have to do the helping if we run across any trouble." Far as Taz saw it, there was nothing she wouldn't be able to deal with. While her sense of invincibility could potentially cost her one day, the thought of dying didn't alarm her all that much.

She picked up a naturally quick pace thought the dark forest. Keeping up a rigorous fitness regime came in handy not just for fighting but long treks in search for supplies as well. Her inconvenient companion seemed to be in a decent shape as well, not that she paid that much attention to those muscular arms, and could probably pull his weight. Continuing to hike along the neglected path, the stiffness in Tasnim's shoulders gradually began to loosen up as her mind grew used to the idea that Alec might not be the abusive type. Not that it mattered because she'd never let that happen to her again. And much as she enjoyed silence under normal circumstances, the monotonous scenery started to bore her. Clearing her throat somewhat awkwardly, she spoke up in an indifferent tone, "So, what did you do, anyway? Before the walkers." After all, Alec was just a figment of her imagination, which made it much easier to open up. At least something to pass the time.

They'd travelled quite a distance when she spotted a strange woman in their path, leading her to slow down cautiously on approach. Taz listened with a hearty dose of skepticism as she introduced herself as a witch who could show them some sort of a magical shortcut to the castle. Every fairytale she'd seen or read as a kid told her there had to be a catch in there somewhere. It was usually when the charitable old hag turned evil and tried to eat the hero or some shit like that. With a glance to Alec, she motioned for him to follow her out of her hearing distance.

Although Taz could easily continue walking despite their lack of water, she couldn't deny her curiosity. "Well, I don't trust her," she opened with, arms crossing over her chest, "but none of this is real so what does it matter? I don't remember the last time I didn't sleep through a nightmare, so might as well make the most of this weird-ass dream." Even if it was a trap, Taz still felt confident she could fight her way out, shaking off the nagging reminder of the one time she couldn't. "But hey, if you're scared of the old lady, we can just keep walking," she teased with an arch of one eyebrow.
PM
^
Rory
 Posted: Apr 15 2018, 09:52 AM
QUOTE
Rory
Admin
237 posts
26 years old
Weapon:
MY wits
© Rory
Offline
i got bitches


Choose your story
The brave souls Alec Burke and Tasnim Laurent have made the choice to trust the witch, and they take her secret shortcut, the downside to this that the witch didn't tell you was she took all sources of light from the pathway once you entered it, you're walking blindly into who knows what. You can see a light at the end sometimes, but then it flickers out and looks like it's farther away that it was. Clearly this was not the exact thing you asked for but that comes with trusting a witch right? Then, the light at the end of the tunnel is obvious, it looks like it ends in a stair case, but it is a ways off. If one listens closely they can hear something coming up behind them, and if you turn to look; there is a group of skeletons with torches closing in on you fast. Do you run for it and hope for the best or do you fight the bony creatures and take their torches so you know you will have a source of light? Tag an admin when you've made your decision.
PM EMAIL
^
Alec Burke
 Posted: Apr 15 2018, 05:19 PM
QUOTE
Alec Burke
0 posts
years old
Weapon:

©


.blck { height: 400px; width: 400px; background-color: #000; padding: 20px; overflow: hidden; }.blck .img { width: 400px; height: 400px; background-image: url(http://i65.tinypic.com/2duggad.jpg); overflow: hidden; position: relative; }.prpl { background-color: rgba(0,0,0,0.7); width: 380px; height: 380px; padding: 10px; position: relative; left: 400px; top: 0px; transition: 0.8s all ease-in-out; -moz-transition: 0.8s all ease-in-out; -o-transition: 0.8s all ease-in-out; -webkit-transition: 0.8s all ease-in-out; z-index: 1; }.blck:hover .prpl { top: 0px; left: 0px; transition-delay: 0s; -moz-transition-delay: 0s; -webkit-transition-delay: 0s; }.wrds { font-family: Comfortaa; font-size: 30px; text-align: center; color: #fff; text-shadow: #be68be 2px 2px; transition: 0.8s all ease-in-out; -moz-transition: 0.8s all ease-in-out; -o-transition: 0.8s all ease-in-out; -webkit-transition: 0.8s all ease-in-out; position: relative; top: 400px; left: 15px; letter-spacing:29px; }.blck:hover .wrds { top: 10px; transition-delay: 0.8s; -webkit-transition-delay: 0.8s; -o-transition-delay: 0.8s; -moz-transition-delay: 0.8s;} #cntnr { width: 380px; height: 340px; position: relative; top: 10px; }#cntnr .gif { clip-path: polygon(50% 0%, 100% 50%, 50% 100%, 0% 50%);background-image: url(http://i63.tinypic.com/29wmtjt.jpg); height: 100px; width: 100px; position: relative; top: 5px; }#cntnr .gifbg { clip-path: polygon(50% 0%, 100% 50%, 50% 100%, 0% 50%);background-color: #be68be; height: 110px; width: 110px; position: relative; top: 400px; transition: 0.8s all ease-in-out; -moz-transition: 0.8s all ease-in-out; -o-transition: 0.8s all ease-in-out; -webkit-transition: 0.8s all ease-in-out; }.blck:hover #cntnr .gifbg { top: 10px; transition-delay: 0.8s; -webkit-transition-delay: 0.8s; -o-transition-delay: 0.8s; -moz-transition-delay: 0.8s; }.txxtbx { width: 310px; height: 180px; background-color: #fff; top: 400px; padding: 20px; position: relative; left: 0px; transition: 0.8s all ease-in-out; -moz-transition: 0.8s all ease-in-out; -o-transition: 0.8s all ease-in-out; -webkit-transition: 0.8s all ease-in-out } .blck:hover .txxtbx { top: 20px; transition-delay: 0.8s; -webkit-transition-delay: 0.8s; -o-transition-delay: 0.8s; -moz-transition-delay: 0.8s; }#scrolly { padding-bottom: 20px; height: 160px; overflow: auto; padding-right: 10px; width: 300px;}#scrolly::-webkit-scrollbar { width: 1px; }#scrolly::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb { background-color: #fff; }#scrolly::-webkit-scrollbar-track { width: 1px; background-color: #be68be; }#scrolly .txt {font-family: cousine; font-size: 13px; color: #000; text-align: justify; }#scrolly .txt b {color: #be68be; font-weight: 700; text-transform: none; font-family: cousine;}#scrolly .txt i {color: #be68be; font-family: uppercase; font-family: Cousine;}.val { text-align: center; font-family: Quicksand; text-transform: none; font-size: 8px; margin-top: 5px; color: #bfbfbf;}.val a { color: #bfbfbf; } sober up Alec followed along, not making any comments as they trekked through the dark forest. He was used to this environment, having spent many nights in vast jungles during his time in the Marines. When they came upon the witch though, he was skeptical, but remained silent as Tasnim spoke to him. Her wanting to accept the witch’s offer didn’t bother him in the least, so when she said as much, he simply nodded without a verbal response. If it would get them to where er they were supposed to go quicker, so be it. All he cared about was getting them both there safely..Her question had gone unanswered thus far, but after they were transported to a new location, he finally decided to speak to her. After high school, I joined the Marines. I served for five years before I was honorably discharged. Then I opened a mechanic shop and took care of my parents until they passed away. He didn’t bother mentioning that he had to kill his employees after they attacked him or that he had to kill his father. That wasn’t really important. I was a sniper. I worked with a special team of elite forces, a squad of about fifty guys. We handled a lot of shit, like going after terrorists, planned air strikes, infiltrating enemy headquarters, shit like that. Alec rarely spoke of his time in the Marines. He had told his parents some, but just enough to sate them. He had just finished giving his answer when he started payng more attention to his surroundings and noticed a flickering light ahead of them. It seemed pretty far off, which was probably a bad thing considering the noise coming from behind them. When he tirned to look, he saw sleletons carrying torches. Alec would have thought the scene bizarre if they didn’t currently live in a world full of walking dead people. He looked at Tasnim, wondering what she thought of this situation. You up for a fight? Or would you rather take a jog? He nodded in the direction of the light amd pulled his rifle off his shoulder. Shooting them would be a waste bullets, but hitting them would probably have some effect.. thank you val!


Tasnim Laurent
^
Tasnim Laurent
 Posted: Apr 21 2018, 03:02 PM
QUOTE
Tasnim Laurent
The Saviors
14 posts
32 years old
Weapon:
Knives
© Wyle
Offline
I ride the lightning --- roll with the thunder


"I like it louder than the boom of a big bass drum"

TAG: Alec Burke
WORDS: ###
NOTES: notes
Having already expected some kind of trickery from the witch, Taz wasn't too surprised about getting plunged into darkness once they entered the secret path. Although she tensed up over not being able to see Alec at first, the sense of alarm slowly abated as he started to share his background. Even though she couldn't see the man, at least she could stay nearby without worrying about getting closer to him than she was comfortable with.

It didn't escape her notice that the small light at the end of their proverbial tunnel didn't seem to get any closer as it flickered in and out of sight and the woman gradually begun to doubt her decision to accept the hag's help. The last thing she wanted was to be stuck in a dark place with a strange man by her side. It struck a little too close to all those shitty memories and nightmares. Pushing away her fears, she tried to instead focus on Alex' narrative. It wasn't even as uninteresting as she'd expected and she was even tempted to ask for elaboration here and there. Then again, it's also been a while since she'd had a serious, non-threatening conversation with anyone.

Not before long, it was interrupted by what, bizarrely, appeared to be a bunch of skeletons with torches. "Thrilled as I'd be to hear one of your war stories, it seems like we're about to have company." Though she couldn't quite stop herself from tossing in the sprinkle of sarcasm, her remark at least didn't come out as caustic as some of the previous ones. Taz felt somewhat relieved to see the approaching undead army, simply because she could see them in the first place. She would've killed to get her hands on one of those torches, and gave an amused huff when Alec offered her a choice of fight of flight.

"Turning down a fight? You really don't know me very well." True, they have just met but he'd soon get to know what she was capable of, seeing as fighting was one of the few things she still lived for. And having learned of his past career, Taz had a little more faith in the ex-Marine's combat ability as well. Not having to worry about keeping his ass safe would allow her to better focus on her foes. Although she'd never fought any skeletons before, the woman was rather looking forward to the challenge. Surely, her kicks and punches would work just as well against brittle bones. "Show me what you got, Soldier-boy."


Rory
PM
^
Alec Burke
 Posted: Apr 22 2018, 10:44 AM
QUOTE
Alec Burke
0 posts
years old
Weapon:

©


.blck { height: 400px; width: 400px; background-color: #000; padding: 20px; overflow: hidden; }.blck .img { width: 400px; height: 400px; background-image: url(http://i65.tinypic.com/2duggad.jpg); overflow: hidden; position: relative; }.prpl { background-color: rgba(0,0,0,0.7); width: 380px; height: 380px; padding: 10px; position: relative; left: 400px; top: 0px; transition: 0.8s all ease-in-out; -moz-transition: 0.8s all ease-in-out; -o-transition: 0.8s all ease-in-out; -webkit-transition: 0.8s all ease-in-out; z-index: 1; }.blck:hover .prpl { top: 0px; left: 0px; transition-delay: 0s; -moz-transition-delay: 0s; -webkit-transition-delay: 0s; }.wrds { font-family: Comfortaa; font-size: 30px; text-align: center; color: #fff; text-shadow: #be68be 2px 2px; transition: 0.8s all ease-in-out; -moz-transition: 0.8s all ease-in-out; -o-transition: 0.8s all ease-in-out; -webkit-transition: 0.8s all ease-in-out; position: relative; top: 400px; left: 15px; letter-spacing:29px; }.blck:hover .wrds { top: 10px; transition-delay: 0.8s; -webkit-transition-delay: 0.8s; -o-transition-delay: 0.8s; -moz-transition-delay: 0.8s;} #cntnr { width: 380px; height: 340px; position: relative; top: 10px; }#cntnr .gif { clip-path: polygon(50% 0%, 100% 50%, 50% 100%, 0% 50%);background-image: url(http://i63.tinypic.com/29wmtjt.jpg); height: 100px; width: 100px; position: relative; top: 5px; }#cntnr .gifbg { clip-path: polygon(50% 0%, 100% 50%, 50% 100%, 0% 50%);background-color: #be68be; height: 110px; width: 110px; position: relative; top: 400px; transition: 0.8s all ease-in-out; -moz-transition: 0.8s all ease-in-out; -o-transition: 0.8s all ease-in-out; -webkit-transition: 0.8s all ease-in-out; }.blck:hover #cntnr .gifbg { top: 10px; transition-delay: 0.8s; -webkit-transition-delay: 0.8s; -o-transition-delay: 0.8s; -moz-transition-delay: 0.8s; }.txxtbx { width: 310px; height: 180px; background-color: #fff; top: 400px; padding: 20px; position: relative; left: 0px; transition: 0.8s all ease-in-out; -moz-transition: 0.8s all ease-in-out; -o-transition: 0.8s all ease-in-out; -webkit-transition: 0.8s all ease-in-out } .blck:hover .txxtbx { top: 20px; transition-delay: 0.8s; -webkit-transition-delay: 0.8s; -o-transition-delay: 0.8s; -moz-transition-delay: 0.8s; }#scrolly { padding-bottom: 20px; height: 160px; overflow: auto; padding-right: 10px; width: 300px;}#scrolly::-webkit-scrollbar { width: 1px; }#scrolly::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb { background-color: #fff; }#scrolly::-webkit-scrollbar-track { width: 1px; background-color: #be68be; }#scrolly .txt {font-family: cousine; font-size: 13px; color: #000; text-align: justify; }#scrolly .txt b {color: #be68be; font-weight: 700; text-transform: none; font-family: cousine;}#scrolly .txt i {color: #be68be; font-family: uppercase; font-family: Cousine;}.val { text-align: center; font-family: Quicksand; text-transform: none; font-size: 8px; margin-top: 5px; color: #bfbfbf;}.val a { color: #bfbfbf; } sober up Alec chuckled at the name that came from her lips. He was slowly becoming amused by his companion and even enjoying her company a little, which wasn’t typical of him. He had always been one to appreciate the “me” time, so having to interact steadily with anyone was a change. The fact that she wanted to stick around and fight the undead pricks who were coming their way surprised him, but he was kind of happy she did. Running wasn’t in his nature. After all that he endured in the Marines, this was different, but none the less, a cake walk. The urge to shoot them again surfaced, but instead, he pulled the rifle from his shoulder and walked straight into the horde of skeletons, bashing them repeatedly with the gun.You know, I used to be a member of the secret service, before all this shit happened. I did guard detail at the White House. Alec hit another skeleton, kicking its torch away and then he snapped the neck of the one behind it while others clawed at him, tearing his shirt and leaving long gouges on his arms. He was bleeding, but it wasn’t the first time. Nor would it be the last, so he continued to fight. Had to kill all my fucking employees too, after they attacked me amd my father. My mother was already dead. The day this world went to shit, I was a very pissed off man. He continued to speak and fight at the same time, his aggression growing rapidly with each skeleton he put down.What about you? What did you do before all this? Let me guess, you were a teacher, a body builder, maybe a model? He chuckled at the suggestions because he was just guessing and knowing him, he was probably wrong. Alec didn’t know ahit about women, except for the ones he served woth at one time, but they were soldiers just like he had been. They had all gone in for one reason, but that seemed like it had heen a waste of time. The world hadn’t ended because of some terroristic threat, that he knew of, so fighting for the country had neen pointless, because it had gone to shit anyway. thank you val!


Tasnim Laurent
^
Tasnim Laurent
 Posted: Apr 30 2018, 04:16 AM
QUOTE
Tasnim Laurent
The Saviors
14 posts
32 years old
Weapon:
Knives
© Wyle
Offline
I ride the lightning --- roll with the thunder


"I like it louder than the boom of a big bass drum"

TAG: Alec Burke
WORDS: ###
NOTES: notes
Taz felt the familiar buzz of endorphins preceding a fight gradually set in as her lips tugged into a smile. A dream or not, she always got a kick out of fighting. Facing a new, albeit supernatural, enemy made it all the sweeter. Waiting for the first skeleton to grow closer, she disarmed its torch with a timely kick and briskly delivered another to the side of its skull, sending it flying across the floor. She noticed Alec doing just fine by bashing anything around him with a butt of his gun but made sure to check on him between dispatching her own enemies, just in case. It wasn't easy to drop a habit like that, apparently even with somebody she'd just met, which was why she usually preferred to kick ass on her own. However, Taz couldn't say she'd ever met anybody eager to hold extensive conversations while fighting for their lives.

"Do you always talk this much when getting your ass kicked?" she teased with a smirk as she noticed the skeletons moving to surround him and whacked the one behind Alec with a borrowed femur. In truth, she was fairly impressed by the man's competency and wouldn't have minded just taking a seat to watch him fight for entertainment. Naturally, it was always more fun to join in and adapting her moves to compliment his own became a very pleasant challenge. "Use it," Taz weighed in as his continued story turned bleaker, though it didn't seem necessary judging from his scaling aggression.

Appropriating one of the torches to use as her second weapon, Tasnim gave a disbelieving snort at the marine's guesses of her past. "A dancer, for a while," she disclosed before smashing the next skeleton to pieces with a dynamic cartwheel kick. So what if she took a chance to show off. Whether it was the fact that none of this was real or the adrenaline rushing through her blood, the woman found it atypically easy to talk with someone she'd just met. "Then stunts became my new calling," Taz elaborated effervescently. Her dancing background allowed for a more fluid style while her subsequent martial arts training taught her the necessary technique. Her expression darkened as she recalled what followed. "And then I got angry, too." Fury could be a powerful weapon on its own and it helped considerably to release all those pent-up emotions every now and then.

With a feral cry, she barged head-on into the last group of skeletons, dropping her weapons in favor of using her own body to deliver the unrelenting force. Her skin might have gotten bruised in a few places and her knuckles started to bleed, but the thunderstorm of a woman didn't seem to care. With any hope, Alec wouldn't get in her way because she was past the point of stopping until there was nothing but piles of bones around them. Superimposing the faces of her abusers over current targets was rather effective, but always left her somewhat disappointed once the images dissipated, reminding her that she'd never get a chance for an actual revenge. Gradually steadying her heavy breathing, she picked up one of the torches and straightened up, her mask back in place. "We should go," Taz declared coldly without meeting Alec's gaze.


Rory
PM
^
Rory
 Posted: Apr 30 2018, 05:56 PM
QUOTE
Rory
Admin
237 posts
26 years old
Weapon:
MY wits
© Rory
Offline
i got bitches


Choose your story
Alec Burke and Tasnim Laurent have defeated the crew of running dead, and they are able to steal the torches. At the end of the corridor, they see a long hallway with music wafting down it, the sounds bouncing off the walls. It sounds like an organ of some sort, the music rather ghostly. Then, there is also a stair case; with a fog rolling down it that made it so one could not see the top. Which direction do the two choose to go?
PM EMAIL
^
Alec Burke
 Posted: Apr 30 2018, 06:07 PM
QUOTE
Alec Burke
0 posts
years old
Weapon:

©


.blck { height: 400px; width: 400px; background-color: #000; padding: 20px; overflow: hidden; }.blck .img { width: 400px; height: 400px; background-image: url(http://i65.tinypic.com/2duggad.jpg); overflow: hidden; position: relative; }.prpl { background-color: rgba(0,0,0,0.7); width: 380px; height: 380px; padding: 10px; position: relative; left: 400px; top: 0px; transition: 0.8s all ease-in-out; -moz-transition: 0.8s all ease-in-out; -o-transition: 0.8s all ease-in-out; -webkit-transition: 0.8s all ease-in-out; z-index: 1; }.blck:hover .prpl { top: 0px; left: 0px; transition-delay: 0s; -moz-transition-delay: 0s; -webkit-transition-delay: 0s; }.wrds { font-family: Comfortaa; font-size: 30px; text-align: center; color: #fff; text-shadow: #be68be 2px 2px; transition: 0.8s all ease-in-out; -moz-transition: 0.8s all ease-in-out; -o-transition: 0.8s all ease-in-out; -webkit-transition: 0.8s all ease-in-out; position: relative; top: 400px; left: 15px; letter-spacing:29px; }.blck:hover .wrds { top: 10px; transition-delay: 0.8s; -webkit-transition-delay: 0.8s; -o-transition-delay: 0.8s; -moz-transition-delay: 0.8s;} #cntnr { width: 380px; height: 340px; position: relative; top: 10px; }#cntnr .gif { clip-path: polygon(50% 0%, 100% 50%, 50% 100%, 0% 50%);background-image: url(http://i63.tinypic.com/29wmtjt.jpg); height: 100px; width: 100px; position: relative; top: 5px; }#cntnr .gifbg { clip-path: polygon(50% 0%, 100% 50%, 50% 100%, 0% 50%);background-color: #be68be; height: 110px; width: 110px; position: relative; top: 400px; transition: 0.8s all ease-in-out; -moz-transition: 0.8s all ease-in-out; -o-transition: 0.8s all ease-in-out; -webkit-transition: 0.8s all ease-in-out; }.blck:hover #cntnr .gifbg { top: 10px; transition-delay: 0.8s; -webkit-transition-delay: 0.8s; -o-transition-delay: 0.8s; -moz-transition-delay: 0.8s; }.txxtbx { width: 310px; height: 180px; background-color: #fff; top: 400px; padding: 20px; position: relative; left: 0px; transition: 0.8s all ease-in-out; -moz-transition: 0.8s all ease-in-out; -o-transition: 0.8s all ease-in-out; -webkit-transition: 0.8s all ease-in-out } .blck:hover .txxtbx { top: 20px; transition-delay: 0.8s; -webkit-transition-delay: 0.8s; -o-transition-delay: 0.8s; -moz-transition-delay: 0.8s; }#scrolly { padding-bottom: 20px; height: 160px; overflow: auto; padding-right: 10px; width: 300px;}#scrolly::-webkit-scrollbar { width: 1px; }#scrolly::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb { background-color: #fff; }#scrolly::-webkit-scrollbar-track { width: 1px; background-color: #be68be; }#scrolly .txt {font-family: cousine; font-size: 13px; color: #000; text-align: justify; }#scrolly .txt b {color: #be68be; font-weight: 700; text-transform: none; font-family: cousine;}#scrolly .txt i {color: #be68be; font-family: uppercase; font-family: Cousine;}.val { text-align: center; font-family: Quicksand; text-transform: none; font-size: 8px; margin-top: 5px; color: #bfbfbf;}.val a { color: #bfbfbf; } sober up As the final skeletons were put down, Alec stopped to watch Tasnim, impressed with her endless range and her skill. He had seen other women f That like she did, but they were former marines like he was. Taz was a civilian and fought hard, which amused him. After the skeletons were dealt with, he nodded at her suggestion that they leave. Aleci put his rifle back in place and picked up two of the torches, looking around when he heard faint music. He followed the sound down a long corridor, having no idea where this would lead them.The strange music might have seemed creepy to others, but Alec had faced worse. He was annoyed with this never ending nonsense they were forced to deal with, het he continued on, glancing now and then at his companion. He was in pain after doing battle with a bunch of bones and relieved that they had managed to survive that. Alec realized that the music was coming from an orga, and lather ugh meant to be creepy, the music didn’t bother him n the least. He stopped to look around him for any unsuspecting attackers.This was another one of thise moments where they would have to agree about where to go next, so he turned to Taz. So, which direction would you like to take? Whatever she decided was fine with him. The fog didn’t scare him. Actually, it made Alec a little curious about what might be on the second floor. He had no desire to go back the way they came, but he would if she ultimately decided that he t was what she wan thank you val!
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

OPTIONS REPLY NEW TOPIC START POLL


 


 


SKINNED BY HANNAH OF SHINE & CAUTION.
RPG-D UNTIL DAYLIGHT: POST-APOC, TLOU BASED Break the Wheel: a Season 8 GOT AU OUAT the RPG A marvel infinity war rp